CITGO KICKS OFF CENTENNIAL YEAR WITH 19 MARKETER ROUNDTABLE MEETINGS
Jan 28, 2010
To kick-off the New Year and the centennial celebration of the creation of Cities Service, CITGO representatives will meet face-to-face with more than 500 marketers at 19 Round Table meetings across the country. These Round Table meetings will enable marketers to learn about the programs and offerings for 2010 that will help their businesses grow and ask questions directly to CITGO representatives and key partners.
“Despite the industry-wide challenges over the past year, the CITGO brand is staying the course thanks to our emphasis on customer service, community involvement, quality products and the responsiveness of our sales force, ” said Gustavo Velásquez, vice president of supply and marketing for CITGO. “We are confident that by building on current initiatives our brand and the local marketers and retailers across our network will be in a strong position to thrive as the economy and industry begin to turn around.”
“In looking back over the decades, we understand that our greatest strength lies in the partnerships that we have built through local marketers and retailers, including some who have been with us for 70 years and four generations,” added Velásquez.
One of these long-time marketers is Francois Oil Company, a Cities Service/CITGO Marketer since 1939. ""CITGO had a huge effect on my family,” said Rick Francois of Francois Oil Company. “It's everything. It's been the center of our life. It not only supported our family, it supported several families in town and the effect it had on the town was critical. Our Cities and then CITGO became a meeting place. It made a huge impact.”
In order to ensure that marketers like Francois Oil Company have the tools they need to succeed in their local markets, each year CITGO reviews, updates and enhances its slate of marketing programs. Changes and additions to the 2010 programs include the following:
- The new Centennial Re-image design for the nearly 7,000 CITGO retail locations will be unveiled on September 2, the day the brand’s ancestor, Cities Service, was established 100 years ago.
- A continuation of the “local hero” advertising and P.R. campaign that illuminates the contributions the locally owned and operated CITGO locations make to their communities.
- Evolution of Fueling Good, the social networking Web site that rewards people for doing good in their community.
- Revisions to the CITGO Grow Bucks program to provide enhanced access to funds for volume growth.
- Enhancements to the wide range of expenses reimbursable by the CITGO FAT Fund for efforts to improve the image of retail facilities.
- A new slate of customizable advertising materials that can be adapted to anything from a grand opening to customer appreciation days to special c-store offerings.
- The introduction of wireless broadband POS connectivity, offered in partnership with Sprint, that provides simple hardware and installation, along with the convenience of Wi-Fi at the retail level.
In addition to these program updates, CITGO is also proud to add to its industry leading training programs. Developed in coordination with CITGO Buying Group and
Advancing consumer perception of the CITGO brand through programs that directly assist people in need remains a primary goal and is based on the underlying principles of solidarity and social development held by its shareholder, Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA), the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. One of these programs, currently celebrating its fifth year anniversary, is the CITGO-Venezuela Heating Oil Program. Now operating in 25 states plus the
“All of us at CITGO want to use 2010 as the springboard to grow and generate greater success for all those associated with the brand,” added Velásquez. “We are confident that the host of programs, along with the continued interaction with the communities that our local marketers and retailers serve, will help us mark the next chapter in the history of this great brand.”
For more information on CITGO, and to learn about the Centennial, visit www.CITGO.com.
CITGO, based in
For more information visit www.citgo.com.